Just one week to go…
There’s just one week in which to send in your entries to the IPKat’s latest competition. The prize is free entrance to CLT’s Sharing Names conference (details here) on 20 June 2006. The conference has an all-star list of speakers drawn from practice, academia, OHIM and the Patent Office and investigates the problems that can occur when the same name or trade mark is used by multiple parties and how these issues can be resolved or avoided.
All you have to do is come up with an anagram of one of the following terms:
• Elizabeth Emanuel
• Coca Cola
• Shared name
• Essential function
• Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (Trade Marks and Designs)
• Directive 97/55/EC of European Parliament and of the Council of 6 October 1997 amending Directive 84/450/EEC concerning misleading advertising so as to include comparative advertising
Email your answers to the IPKat at this address by 1pm next Wednesday.
The April issue of the European Intellectual Property Review has been unleashed! Treats awaiting readers are:
* Ysolde Gendreau (Universite de Montreal) on the image of copyright;
* Richard Garnett (University of Melbourne/Freehills) on cross-border internet trade mark litigation;
* Pavel Tuma (Queen Mary) on the EU Directive on the collective management of copyright;
* Sara L Moritz (KPMG) and Andrew F Christie (University of Melbourne) on the Australian experience of second tier patent systems;
* Zeqing Yuan (Guizhou University) on Chinese copyright protection;
* The usual case comments and book reviews.