|Hugh Hansen. giving|
someone "The Look"
|The smashed lightbulb is an|
apt symbol for that most
iconoclastic of IP events ...
The people who have the most fun are those who hate long, padded speeches and who are delighted when speakers are given just a small allocation of time in which to deliver their jewels of wisdom and then give someone else a chance to respond. The other person guaranteed to enjoy himself is Fordham's irreverent, irrepressible, inventor and ringmaster, Professor Hugh Hansen, who at least has the kindness to share his fun with everyone else.
Who will be there? You can rub shoulders and/or cross swords with a host of judicial talent past and present, including [in alphabetical order]
- Hon. Mr. Justice Richard Arnold, Chancery Division, High Court, London
- Hon. Annabelle Bennett, Federal Court of Australia, Sydney
- Hon. Mr. Justice Colin Birss, Chancery Division, High Court, London
- Hon. Denny Chin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, New York
- Rt. Hon. Lord Justice Christopher Floyd, Court of Appeal, England and Wales
- Dr. Klaus Grabinski, Federal Supreme Court, Karlsruhe
- Rt. Hon. Prof. Sir Robin Jacob, Faculty of Laws, University College London, London
- Hon. Rian Kalden, Court of Appeal of The Hague, The Hague
- Hon. Pauline Newman, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Washington D.C.
- Hon. Gerard F. Rogers, Chief Administrative Trademark Judge, Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, United States Patent and Trademark Office, Alexandria
- Hon. Allan Rosas, Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg
This year's draft program looks like this
Provisional list of speakers (as of last week) here
Take a look at last year's conference here.