For the half-year to 31 December 2014, the IPKat's regular team is supplemented by contributions from guest bloggers Rebecca Gulbul, Lucas Michels and Marie-Andrée Weiss.

Regular round-ups of the previous week's blogposts are kindly compiled by Alberto Bellan.

Friday, 11 June 2004

IPKAT TRANSLATION WATCH: KEEP TAKING THE TABLETS

Anyone who wants to read the ECJ's decision in the Henkel dishwasher tablets cases (C-456/01 and C-457/01) and has been frustrated to find that it's still not available in English on the ECJ website will be glad to know that the IPKat has found an English version on the OHIM website - click here to go through to it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the same translation on the ECJ site, though.

Margaret Marks
www.margaret-marks.com/Transblawg

Ilanah said...

Please tell me how - I still can't find it!

Anonymous said...

Well, I used your case number. You understand, I thought maybe there would be two different translations of the case on line, and it would have been interesting to compare them.

I went to EUR-Lex
http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/en/
and clicked on Case-law (I wish the EU would drop this hyphen). Then I chose the search at the top, Search by case number.
I entered the year 2001 and the number 456 in the boxes and clicked on the magnifying-glass symbol on the right. That gave me the judgment and the opinion in html.
http://europa.eu.int/smartapi/cgi/sga_doc?smartapi!celexapi!prod!CELEXnumdoc&lg=EN&numdoc=62001J0456&model=guichett

Margaret
www.margaret-marks.com/Transblawg

Ilanah said...

Thanks for this Margaret. I'd been using the ECJ's webiste (www.curia.eu.int). Now if Eurolex can manage to get an English translation online why can't the Court's official site?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it occurred to me afterwards that it wasn't the Court's site. I used to look at that, but via EUR-Lex I can find a wider variety of things. I didn't realize it had things earlier than the Court site!
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful invention it is, this thing we call the Internet!

Subscribe to the IPKat's posts by email here

Just pop your email address into the box and click 'Subscribe':