· Germany scored three 1st positions in the individual IP indices but last for the personal data index.· Russia has pulled away from the other BRIC countries.
· Common law countries made up seven of the top 11 jurisdictions.
· India ranked last overall in three of the five indices.
· Apart from Australia, all six of the top tier jurisdictions ranked consistently well for all individual IP indices except for the personal data index. This in turn raises the concern that data regimes in these countries are weighted too much against business.
- 62% of respondents said that they had spent more time on IP issues over the last three years.
- 60% of respondents felt that IP law needs updating to keep up with technological and online business developments.
- Value for money is increasingly important for businesses in choosing where to litigate.
- There are improved perceptions of EU harmonisation: 8% decrease in variance between the lowest and highest ranked EU Member States.