Friday -- time to reflect, take things easy, and check out all those exciting events on the IPKat's Forthcoming Events page!
|Paws for thought ...|
|Benoît the Blogger|
Yellowstone National Park, where she was assiduously researching an alarming episode of trade mark dilution, as reported in The Onion here. Welcome back, Miri: we hope you sent our best regards to Yogi Bear and Boo Boo (whoops, that's the wrong Park too ...)
Following the IPKat's recent posting on geographic indications (GIs) and the absence of a watch service for them, the Kat's friend Chris Terrero kindly sent in this step-by-step checklist which will enable any reader to see what GI proposals are currently in the pipeline in the European Union (this will also retrieve some more general legislative matter on the subject, but that might not be a bad thing):
2. Click on EN (assuming your preferred language is English);
3. In the left hand column, click on Preparatory Acts
4. Click on Search in Preparatory Acts (top left in green);
5. In the right hand column, choose Keywords (Eurovoc) and click on Search
6. In the box Enter a EUROVOC descriptor, type “designation of origin” (without the quotes) and click on Search
An alternative, which seems to retrieve just the applications (proceed as above to step 4)
Thanks, Chris -- much appreciated!
5. Choose Search Terms in the right hand column and click on Search
6. Enter 510 in the “Search for” and 2006 in the “With” box (this being the number of the relevant Regulation) and click on Search