The IPKat brings you the excitement of the official OHIM statistics for 2006, which are now online and available here. Points of note include:
* 2006 marks the tenth anniversary of the CTM, and with it, the first batch of renewals. The stats show that the renewal rate was 60%;
* Top EU country for CTM applications is Germany (no surprises there, then);
* Top non-EU country for CTM applications is the US (no surprises there then either);
* There were no applications for olfactory marks during 2006. However, a small number of sound and colour marks were both applied for and registered during that period;
* Only one CTM application has ever originated from the Vatican City State. This puts it in the company of Iraq and Cuba. No further applications originating from there were made during 2006;
* The first CTM application from Papua New Guinea was received this year.
Monday, 23 October 2006
Posted by Unknown at 11:19:00 p.m.