Of the book itself, much can be said (and will be said in due course by an objective reviewer, which this Kat cannot claim to be). The list of contributors is impressive and includes such luminaries as Andrew Christie, Trevor Cook, François Dessementet, Christophe Geiger, Marshall Leaffer, the powerful pairing of Marius Schneider and Olivier Vrins who co-edited Oxford University Press's own mammoth practitioners' work on the same subject, Irini Stamatoudi and Peter Yu.
This is how the publishers describe it:
The Research Handbook on Cross-border Enforcement of Intellectual Property systematically analyses the unique difficulties posed by cross-border intellectual property disputes in the modern world.In other words, this is not a how-do-do-it manual but a research asset: it offers perspectives, not practical tips (though the reader will find many).
The contributions to this book focus on the enforcement of intellectual property primarily from a cross-border perspective. Infringement remains a problematic issue for emerging economies and so the book assesses some of the enforcement structures in a selection of these countries, as well as cross-border enforcement from a private international law perspective. Finally, the book offers a unique insight into the roles played by judges and arbitrators involved in cross-border intellectual property dispute resolution.
Bibliographic data: publication date December 2014. ix + 889 pages. Hardback ISBN 978 1 78195 579 6; ebook ISBN 978 1 78195 580 2. Price £195 (online price £175.50). Rupture factor: quite considerable. Book's website here.
Other books in the same series are
- Copyright Law: A Handbook of Contemporary Research (edited by Paul Torremans)
- Trademark Law and Theory: A Handbook of Contemporary Research (edited by Graeme Dinwoodie and Mark D. Janis)
- Patent Law and Theory: A Handbook of Contemporary Research (edited by Toshiko Takenaka)
- Research Handbook on the Future of EU Copyright Law (edited by Estelle Derclaye)
- Law and Theory of Trade Secrecy: a Handbook of Contemporary Research (edited by Rochelle C. Dreyfuss and Katherine J. Strandburg)
- Criminal Enforcement of Intellectual Property: a Handbook of Contemporary Research (edited by Christophe Geiger)
- Research Handbook on Intellectual Property Licensing (edited by Jacques de Werra)