The IPKat received today an unsolicited email which carried the following text:
Get the Finest Rolex Watch Replica !Under the Frequently Asked Questions the site offered the following nuggets of wisdom:
We only sell premium watches. There's no battery in these replicas just like the real ones since they charge themselves as you move. The second hand moves JUST like the real ones, too. These original watches sell in stores for thousands of dollars. We sell them for much less.
- Replicated to the Smallest Detail
- 98% Perfectly Accurate Markings
- Signature Green Sticker w/ Serial Number on Watch Back
- Magnified Quickset Date
- Includes all Proper Markings
We also carry all top quality Louis Vuitton handbags!
1. Why would I want to purchase a replica watch?At the bottom of each page is the legend “Copyright © 2005 BetterWatches.net”. The IPKat is so pleased to see that the website owner expects other to respect its copyright. But what of a little respect for the trade mark and design rights of LOUIS VUITTON, TAG HEUER and ROLEX, he wonders? Merpel is still stunned by the audacity of the claim that these fakes perform valuable social functions, such as enabling purchasers of genuine watches to have “something identical for insurance and personal security”. Can a mugger tell the real thing from the replica before he’s beaten its owner over the head and ripped it from his wrist?
For most people, it is because they want to look good, but are unwilling to pay very high prices. For other people, it is because they have an authentic watch, but want to purchase something identical for insurance and personal security. And for other people, it is because they are collectors who want to have a wide variety of watches on display.
9. Where can I go if I want to purchase a real watch?
If you want to purchase a authentic watch and not a replica, please locate only an authorized dealer.
Global Anticounterfeiting Network here
Anti-counterfeiting Group here
Fake ants here