|This Kat prefers Sunday snoozes|
One of our SpecialKats, Dr. Hayleigh Bosher, is giving a 4IP Council webinar covering 'What you need to know about copyright and music' at 16:00 CET on 16 September 2020. Register here.
The EUIPO's 2020 Case Law Conference, rescheduled for 15-16 October 2020, is now being held online. Further details and registration are available here.
Assimilate IP is running a series of forthcoming webinars, with a 10% discount on registration when you mention ‘IPKat’:
- Intellectual Property Licensing for Life Sciences and Pharma, 23 September 2020
- Intellectual Property for Commercial Lawyers, 14 October 2020
- Patent Searching for Freedom to Operate, 11 November 2020
- Intellectual Property for SMEs, 2 December 2020
- Freedom to Operate for Life Sciences & Pharma, 27 January 2021
Further to the release of the Global Innovation Index (GII) earlier this week, UK-based Kat readers may be interested in the recent news that the UK has moved up to 4th place from last year’s 5th position in WIPO's Global Innovation Index 2020, with Tim Moss (UK Intellectual Property Office) commenting:
“It is wonderful to see the UK receive recognition for its strengths as an innovative place to be. The timing is particularly relevant, as innovation is a fundamental part of driving the economic recovery of the UK and countries across the globe. Intellectual property, as a foundation of innovation, has a major part to play and is more important than ever.”
Sunday Surprises Reviewed by Sophie Corke on Sunday, September 06, 2020 Rating: