Autumn is usually both a very busy time of the year and, as nature shows us, a season of change. So it seems highly appropriate to also use this period to keep busy with some IP events and learn about recent changes and developments.
Below is a series of online events which I am directly involved in and/or I have contributed to organize and might be of interest to IPKat readers.
Fashion Law London - Fashion Renaissance: A Unique Year in Review, with IPKat
Taking place on Thursday, 10 December 2020, this online event (via Zoom) provides an opportunity to both reflect on recent developments, issues, and opportunities and anticipate what lies ahead for the fashion industries at a time of significant disruption and change.
Topics of discussion include:
- Recent developments in the field of IP affecting fashion houses and designers;
- Recent trends in image contracts, licensing, and marketing in the fashion sector;
- Enforcement challenges and opportunities for fashion companies;
- Gaming and fashion, from both an IP and data protection perspective.
- Global Mandatory Fair Use on 24 November 2020 - Speaker: Prof Lionel Bently (University of Cambridge)
- Trade Marks and Pop Culture on 25 November 2020 - Speaker: Dr Yann Basire (CEIPI - University of Strasbourg)
- Defences to Copyright Infringement on 27 November 2020 - Speaker: Prof Stavroula Karapapa (University of Essex)
- Selected Recent Case Law of the EUIPO Boards of Appeal: A View from the Inside - Speaker: Mr Gordon Humphreys (Chairpeson of the EUIPO First Board of Appeal)